You hear everyone talking about the cloud. What is it anyways? The best analogy I can give is this: Have you ever checked your bank balance online? Well Guess what? Everytime you access this data, you’re using the cloud! Basically, a group of geniuses created a platform (Actually im not sure how the cloud was created, perhaps I will research and follow up with you a bit later on that) to make data accessible online, anytime, anywhere from any of your devices. As long as you have internet access you can access your data! Its brilliant! No more worrying your hard drive will crash, or a fire, or flood will erase all your hard work! Its all saved up there…in the cloud!
Here are just a few comparisons:
Traditional Accounting Software
- It’s not safe!
- You need to backup your work daily
- The data in the system or software isn’t up to date
- Only one person has user access
- Its expensive, difficult and time consuming to upgrade
- Customer support is expensive and slow
- You have to front capital for a secure server, and pay maintenance fees
- Its complicated to keep backups, and costly if you don’t
- You have to go to your computers location to access your information
- Bank Level Cloud Security using encrypted cloud storage.
- No worries about having to backup your data. Ever!
- Access to the top accounting tools in the industry
- You are mobile! Access your books from anywhere anytime and from any device
- Eliminate large capital investment and fees to maintain your server protection
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real time. No longer waiting to get the data back to see where your at!
- A reduction in upfront business costs. No version upgrades, no maintenance, or system administrative costs.
- You never have to worry about your server going down
Why Hire a Remote Bookkeeper?
- We use the top accounting tools in the industry
- Automatic updates, which means more time for you to spend doing what you love
- Standard employees cost more to employ than outsourced contractors
- You don’t have to pay any payroll taxes for us.
- You save on paying full-time wages and benefits
- You will be in constant contact with us
- And best of all, it frees up more capital to invest back in your business
Technology for Today
Online accounting means owners can stay connected to all their data anywhere, anytime! At first everyone feared putting important data on the internet. The cloud is one of the most secure ways to store your information (/us/small-business-guides/business-management/cloud-security). For instance, even if your laptop is stolen, there isn’t any way they can access your data, unless they have your login and password info. And although its not recommended, most of us use the save password tool on our computers. All you need to do is login from another device and change your password. Even if you’re on vacation and want to check your numbers, you can from your mobile device.
Back in the day of desktop accounting, there was a small store owner who told me that in the past he lost everything. He stood outside of their business a complete wreck. He had explained to me how his offices were in the basement of his store, when a pipe burst and the basement was flooded. Minor damage overall to the structure of the building, however devastatingly destroying his computer and all his data. To counteract that from ever happening again, spent a lot of capital creating a server, moving his office to the upper level, and purchasing all new computers, plus he backs up his data every day. He told me he spent almost $5000, which at the time was big bucks! Today, business owners never have to experience the loss or the financial strain of such an occurrence. The ironic part is most people think clouds bring rain, but not this cloud! No damage, and no need to back up.
Cloud-based Accounting is affordable and best of all always up to date. No large investments needed, just a small monthly fee.